Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)

Welcome members! A Reimbursement Account is a benefit that your employer sponsors. It allows you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for certain expenses. That means you save money while increasing your take-home pay.

Learn about Flexible Spending Accounts and how to enroll.


Understanding Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)

How reimbursement accounts work: 3 simple steps

  1. Figure out how much eligible out-of-pocket expenses you have each year.
  2. That amount (divided by the number of pay days you have every year) will be automatically set aside from each paycheck and held in a special account for you. (To help you determine how much money you should set aside for your FSA, use the expense worksheet to calculate your out-of-pocket expenses for the year.)
  3. When you pay eligible expenses, you get reimbursed from your reimbursement account tax-free.

The bottom line: Get more spendable income for paying bills—or for planning that much-needed vacation. 

View FSA Overview Brochure


Benefits Card transactions

Your Benefits Card is a smart card that you can use it like a credit card for your eligible expenses. If you cannot use your Benefits Card for an eligible expense, you will need to fill out and submit a reimbursement request form.

Get reimbursed

Your FSA allows reimbursement for medical expenses that are covered under Internal Revenue Code section 213(d). We may require documentation from a third-party to verify that the expense is eligible for reimbursement.

To submit an expense, please use the reimbursement request form.

How to enroll in your Flexible Spending Account

It’s easy to sign up. Just follow the simple steps below. Please note that your employer will need to be contracted with us for you to enroll.

1. Contact your Human Resources (HR) or Employee Benefit department to get more information.

2. Use the expense worksheet to figure out how much you expect to spend during the year on eligible expenses. Please note:

a. The healthcare maximum is determined by your employer
b. The Dependent Care tax year maximum is $5,000 per family ($2,500 if married filing separately).

3. If your employer uses forms, complete their enrollment form and return it to them. Do not send it to BenefitHelp Solutions.

4. Your employer will automatically deduct the amount requested from your paycheck and send it to us to be deposited in your FSA account(s).


Rules and Guidelines

You'll want to think about a few rules before you sign up for an FSA:

  • You cannot change your FSA deductions after annual enrollment — unless you experience a qualified life event.
  • Use it or lose it: All funds deducted from your paycheck must be used during the plan year. Only deduct what you normally expect to pay for out-of-pocket expenses. If your employer offers an FSA carryover, you may be able to roll up to the IRS maximum carryover amount into the next plan year.
  • Participation in FSA may slightly reduce your Social Security benefits.
  • Funds cannot be moved from your healthcare to your dependent care account or vice versa.
  • Your FSA will only cover expenses while you are enrolled. Expenses before you sign up for an FSA or after you end it aren't eligible for reimbursement.



Need to make changes to your account, determine eligibility or make payments? Check our Member Resources page for additional forms and helpful information.

Still didn’t find what you’re looking for? See what other members are asking about below.

To see your balance, log in to your member portal. If you don’t have online account access, contact our Customer Service team at 888-398-8057 from Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.

IRS Code 213(d) requires all claims be verified. This is to make sure you only get reimbursed for eligible expenses. To find out what expenses are eligible, log in to your member portal.

No. Your card may only be used for current plan year expenses.

If you need to change your healthcare or dependent care election, you must have experienced an IRS Qualified Life Event. Qualified Life Events include certain changes in family or work status. Please contact your employer for more information.

Examples of Qualified Life Event Changes include:

  • Marriage
  • Divorce
  • Birth or adoption of child
  • Death
  • Change in employment status for you, your spouse or tax dependent
  • Change in dependent care provider
  • Increase or decrease in dependent care provider charges 

Please refer to your Summary Plan Description for more details.